To download a copy of DSK Manager for a FREE TRIAL, select the software download link
below. This will transfer a zip file to your PC. You should also download the user's manual.
Once you have downloaded the software and manual, follow the instructions shown below.
It would be a good idea for you to print this page.
CLICK HERE for DSK Manager software download.
After downloading the software, download the user's guide. It is in Adobe Acrobat format. If
you do not have the Acrobat Reader, click on the icon below to get your free copy from Adobe:
CLICK HERE to download user's guide in Adobe Acrobat
To get your free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, CLICK HERE
Internet Install Instructions
To install DSK Manager on your system from the DMINST.ZIP file you received via E-mail or
Website Download, please follow these exact instructions:
During the final install processing (step #10 above), a document called "Additional
Documentation Topics" will print. This includes the latest system changes and documentation
since the last time the user manual was updated.
- Sign on to your AS/400 from a PC that is configured for Client Access/400. You must sign
on using the special IBM-supplied user profile QSECOFR.
- Run the following command:
CRTFLR FLR(KISRMT) AUT(*ALL)
- Run the following command:
CRTPF FILE(QGPL/DSKINSTALL) RCDLEN(80)
- From your PC, create a folder on your desktop named TEMP and move the DMINST.ZIP
file into it, then unzip it to create the installation files.
- From your desktop, click on the Operations Navigator. When it opens, all operations here
will take place on the right side of the display box. Click on the following sequence of items
Now drag and drop the files from the TEMP folder on your PC desktop into the right-hand box
of the Operations Navigator display. This will transfer these files into the shared folder
environment. (Note, you do not need to transfer the zip file itself.)
- Your iSeries-AS/400 location
- File Systems (Note: if this does not appear, you will have to install additional Client Access
functions on your PC to complete this procedure.)
- Integrated File System
- Now go back to the OS/400 command line and run the following command:
CPYFRMPCD FROMFLR(KISRMT) TOFILE(QGPL/DSKINSTALL)
- Also from the OS/400 command line, run the following command:
Note: This command requires that the IBM supplied user profile QPGMR be an active
entry in your system directory. If you are unsure about the status of your directory, use the
WRKDIRE command to verify that it contains an entry for QPGMR.
- At this point, a job will be loaded into your system jobque called DMINST. When the job
starts running from the jobque, the following message will be sent to the QSECOFR user profile:
"Starting DSK Manager install"
and when this step completed, the following message will also be sent to the QSECOFR user
"Initial DSK Manager install processing now complete"
- When you receive this message, type the following command on the AS/400 command line:
- When the INSTALL menu is displayed, type menu option #1 to complete the installation
process. When this command is finished, DSK Manager will be installed on your system for
your FREE 30 DAY TRIAL.
- To display the user menu for DSK Manager by keying the following command:
When you have completed your evaluation of DSK Manager, you may purchase a permanent
installation copy by contacting us and arranging payment.
Return to DSK Manager Page