Transferring Kisco PTFs to your IBM i
Kisco Information Systems sends out PTFs for its software packages as PC files attached to
email messages. In the instructions, you are told to create a shared folder named KISCO on your
system using the IBM i OS command CRTFLR. Once this is done, there are several methods you
can use to transfer the PTF file into this shared folder. If you are not familiar with any of these
methods, here is one you can use. It requires that IBM's iAccess Navigator be installed on your PC:
At this point, you can continue with the instructions you have for installing the Kisco software
- Create a folder on your desktop named "TEMP".
- Save the PTF file attachment from the email that I sent to you in this new TEMP folder.
- Start Operations Navigator.
- Select your system.
- On the right side of the display panel will be a list of functions available to you, select "File
Systems". If this feature is not listed, then you will need to install the feature from your iAccess
install CD before you can continue.
- On the next panel, select "Integrated File Systems".
- On the next panel, select "QDLS".
- On the next panel, select "KISCO". This is the shared folder that you created with the
- When the next panel opens, drag and drop the PTF file from the TEMP folder on
your desktop into the right side of the Operations Navigator display. This will
move the PC file into the KISCO shared folder on your IBM i.