Download RBC/400 Trial
To download a copy of RBC/400 for a FREE TRIAL, select the software download link
below. This will transfer a zip file to your PC. You should also download the user's manual.
Once you have downloaded the software and manual, follow the instructions shown below.
It would be a good idea for you to print this page.
CLICK HERE for RBC/400 software download.
After downloading the software, download the user's guide. It is in Adobe Acrobat format. If
you do not have the Acrobat Reader, click on the icon below to get your free copy from Adobe:
CLICK HERE to download user's guide in Adobe Acrobat 3.01
To get your free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.01, CLICK HERE
Internet Install Instructions
To install RBC/400 on your system from the RBCINST.ZIP file you downloaded, please
follow these exact instructions:
- Sign on to your AS/400 from a PC that is configured for Client Access/400 using Shared
Folders. You must sign on using the special IBM-supplied user profile QSECOFR.
- If you already have RBC/400 installed and you are now installing an upgrade, rename
the current RBC/400 library from RXLIBR to RXLIBROLD.
- Run the following command:
- Run the following command:
CRTPF FILE(QGPL/RBCINSTALL) RCDLEN(80)
- Using your PC, copy the RBCINST.ZIP file into the shared folder created in step #2 above.
For most systems, this can be done by issuing the following PC command:
copy RBCINST.ZIP i:\qdls\kisrmt
- Also from your PC, unpack (unzip) the RBCINST.ZIP file while it is in the shared folder.
This will create 5 files in the folder in addition to the zip file.
- Now go back to the AS/400 command line and run the following command:
CPYFRMPCD FROMFLR(KISRMT) TOFILE(QGPL/RBCINSTALL)
- Also from the AS/400 command line, run the following command:
Note: This command requires that the IBM supplied user profile QPGMR be an active entry in
your system directory. If you are unsure about the status of your directory, use the WRKDIRE
command (WRKDIR for V3R1 installations) to verify that it contains an entry for QPGMR.
- At this point, a job will be loaded into your system jobque called RBCINST. When the job
starts running from the jobque, the following message will be sent to the QSECOFR user profile:
"Starting RBC/400 install"
and when this step completed, the following message will also be sent to the QSECOFR user
"Initial RBC/400 install processing now complete"
- When you receive this message, type the following command on the AS/400 command line:
- When the INSTALL menu is displayed, type menu option #1 to complete the installation
process. When this command is finished, RBC/400 will be installed on your system for
your FREE 30 DAY TRIAL.
During the final install processing (step #11 above), a document called "Additional
Documentation Topics" will print. This includes the latest system changes and documentation
since the last time the user manual was updated.
When you have completed your evaluation of RBC/400, you may purchase a permanent
installation copy by contacting us and arranging payment.
Return to RBC/400 Page