To download a copy of WebReport/i PDF for a FREE TRIAL or for a version upgrade, select
the software download link below. This will transfer an ISO CD image file to your PC. You should
also download the user's manual. Once you have downloaded the software and manual, follow
the instructions shown below.
We recommend that you print this page to have a hardcopy checklist for the installation
WebReport/i PDF software download. If you want to install
the basic WebReport/i, contact Kisco Information Systems for instructions on how to
reconfigure the software after it has been installed.
After downloading the software, download the user's guide. It is in Adobe Acrobat format. If
you do not have the Acrobat Reader, click on the icon below to get your free copy from Adobe:
WebReport/i User's Guide - Release 13.12
WebReport/i Report Intranet User's Guide - Release 13.12
WebReport/i PDF Form Feature User's Guide - Release 13
WebReport/i Google Drive Feature User's Guide - Release 13.12
WebReport/i Dropbox Feature User's Guide - Release 13
WebReport/i HTTP Apache Configuration Files.
WebReport/i Configuration Powerpoint presentation.
WebReport/i User's Guide - Release 12
WebReport/i Report Intranet User's Guide - Release 12
WebReport/i PDF Form Feature User's Guide - Release 12
WebReport/i Google Drive Feature User's Guide - Release 12
To get your free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, CLICK HERE
Internet Install Instructions
Note: If you prefer installing the software from a hard CD, most CD burner software will
allow you to burn a CD from the downloaded ISO CD image file. If you want to take this route,
refer to the install instructions in the user's guide.
To install the WebReport/i product on your system from the WebReport_CD_Image.iso file you
downloaded, please follow these exact instructions:
Note: These instructions can be used for either a new product installation or for
a software upgrade if you already have WebReport/i installed. If you experience a problem during
this upgrade process, please refer to our recovery
procedure. Contact Kisco Information System for support if this happens.
Upgrade Note: If you are using this procedure to upgrade an existing WebReport/i installation and
you currently have a release level of 10.03 or higher installed, skip the rest of this paragraph. WebReport/i
release level 10.03 and higher contains a different software authorization code process. If you have
the software installed on an LPAR system or you have it installed in a partition other than the standard 001
partition, you will need new software authorization codes from Kisco Information Systems. You must have
these codes on hand BEFORE you start the upgrade process. If there is any question, please contact
Kisco Information Systems now.
- Sign on to your System i from a PC that is configured for iSeries Access. You must sign
on using the special IBM-supplied user profile QSECOFR.
- Check the following system values. They should be set as indicated here. If they are not, note
the current settings then change them to these settings:
QALWOBJRST - *ALL
QVFYOBJRST - value 3 or lower
QFRCCVNRST - value 1
- Create the special user profile, WEBREPTUSR, that is required by WebReport/i for
ownership of the objects within the application library. Use the following command:
CRTUSRPRF USRPRF(WEBREPTUSR) PASSWORD(*NONE)
PWDEXP(*NO) USRCLS(*SECOFR) ASTLVL(*SYSVAL)
TEXT('WebReport/i Ownership User - DO NOT DELETE')
- Run the following command to create an IFS folder to hold the CD image file:
- Run the following command to create a virtual optical device:
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVKISCO) RSRCNAME(*VRT) TYPE(632B)
- Run the following command to create an image catalog:
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DIR(kiscocd)
- From your desktop, click on the iSeries Navigator. When it opens, all operations here
will take place on the right side of the display box. Click on the following sequence of items
Now drag and drop the downloaded ISO file into the right-hand box
of the iSeries Navigator display. This will transfer these files into the folder.
- Your System i location
- File Systems (Note: if this does not appear, you will have to install additional iSeries Access
functions on your PC to complete this procedure.)
- Integrated File System
- Now go back to the command line and run the following command to load the file into the
Note: If you have installed other Kisco software or previous versions of WebReport/i, you will need to
make sure that the current WebReport/i CD Image is the only one now active on your system. Use the WRKIMGCLG
command and check the Image Catalog named KISCOCAT to make sure there is only one entry posted.
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog entry:
- From the command line, run the following command to ready the virtual optical device:
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVKISCO) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog:
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DEV(OPTVKISCO)
- If you are doing an upgrade to an existing WebReport/i installation, make sure that no
WebReport/i functions are currently active on your system. This includes making sure that the
Automatic Router is stopped and that all active monitor functions have been stopped.
- From the command line, run the install process with the following command:
- If you changed any system values above, reset them back to their original values once the install
processing has completed.
The software will now be installed and the WebReport/i menu will be displayed.
When you have completed your evaluation of WebReport/i, you may purchase a permanent
installation copy by contacting us and arranging payment.
If you have just completed installing an upgrade of your already active license for
WebReport/i, go to the INSTALL menu and run option #3. Verify that the display still
shows that the software is permanently installed. If not, you will have to update the code
that you obtained before starting the upgrade process. Also,
please contact Kisco and advise us that you have updated to a new
release level. Let us know
the specific version that you have just installed so we can keep our records current about