Kisco Information Systems sends out PTFs for its software packages as PC files attached to email messages. In the instructions, you are told to create a shared folder named KISCO on your system using the IBM i OS command CRTFLR. Once this is done, there are several methods you can use to transfer the PTF file into this shared folder. If you are not familiar with any of these methods, here is one you can use. It requires that IBM's iAccess Navigator be installed on your PC:
- Create a folder on your desktop named "TEMP".
- Save the PTF file attachment from the email that I sent to you in this new TEMP folder.
- Start Operations Navigator.
- Select your system.
- On the right side of the display panel will be a list of functions available to you, select "File Systems". If this feature is not listed, then you will need to install the feature from your iAccess install CD before you can continue.
- On the next panel, select "Integrated File Systems".
- On the next panel, select "QDLS".
- On the next panel, select "KISCO". This is the shared folder that you created with the CRTFLR command.
- When the next panel opens, drag and drop the PTF file from the TEMP folder on your desktop into the right side of the Operations Navigator display. This will move the PC file into the KISCO shared folder on your IBM i.
At this point, you can continue with the instructions you have for installing the Kisco software PTF file.